Military Review

Without Ukraine: military transport aviation received an updated An-124 Ruslan

19
Ukrainian sanctions against Russia had no effect on the maintenance and even modernization of the world's largest An-124 Ruslan transport aircraft. Despite the fact that part of the technical documentation remained in the hands of the Ukrainian Antonov, Russia successfully copes with its tasks.


19 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in

  1. NEXUS
    NEXUS 2 December 2017 12: 47 New
    +9
    Ruslan is a very popular transport. Moreover, the past more than one modernization. It is a pity that the mass production of this machine was not established on the territory of the Russian Federation.
    1. figwam
      figwam 2 December 2017 18: 33 New
      +4
      But how the IL-76 will be repaired without documentation on the outskirts, this is a question.
      1. DarkStar
        DarkStar 3 December 2017 12: 09 New
        +2
        And why should they, they have him 1 left. They will be sold to Arabs or Chinese, as they sold AN-224 which was also 1 in the world.
        1. figwam
          figwam 3 December 2017 12: 39 New
          +1
          Quote: DarkStar
          And why should they, they have him 1 left. They will be sold to Arabs or Chinese, as they sold AN-224 which was also 1 in the world.

          No, they have 18 in the army and 70 in civil aviation.
          1. DarkStar
            DarkStar 4 December 2017 00: 13 New
            0
            On paper, this may be so. In fact, by the beginning of ATA, the independent one had serviceable 3 sides. 2 of them got stuck at the very beginning. Remained 1. Maybe of course a couple more were repaired, but I did not hear anything about it.
            1. Slavors Gart
              Slavors Gart 4 December 2017 23: 07 New
              0
              The Air Force operates only five IL-76MD. As for civilian airlines, they own dozens in total, there are at least 70 of them. This is not counting - which are "not repairable."
        2. MOSKVITYANIN
          MOSKVITYANIN 3 December 2017 21: 01 New
          0
          Quote: DarkStar
          And why should they, they have him 1 left. They will be sold to Arabs or Chinese, as they sold AN-224 which was also 1 in the world.

          You confused it with the Republic of Belarus ... and there are enough of them in the BTA Armed Forces of Ukraine and in the civilian fleet ...., other matter in what condition they are ...
  2. Mar.Tirah
    Mar.Tirah 2 December 2017 12: 57 New
    +1
    Quote: NEXUS
    Ruslan is a very popular transport. Moreover, the past more than one modernization. It is a pity that the mass production of this machine was not established on the territory of the Russian Federation.

    Moreover, they want to sell one car, to Azerbaijan!. There are few prophets in their own country. I feel that during my life they will not do such machines. They will finish off them and sell them with such rulers. 43071
    872687 / Azerbaydzhan-kupil-rossiyskiy-An-124-% C2% A
    BRuslan% C2% BB- (foto)
    1. NEXUS
      NEXUS 2 December 2017 13: 05 New
      +6
      Quote: Mar. Tira
      I feel during my life such machines will not do

      Here is a replacement for the MAX-2017 offer ..
      At the MAKS-2017 air show in Zhukovsky near Moscow, they presented a draft of the new heavy transport aircraft Elephant, which they proposed replacing the An-124 Ruslan aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces. This was reported to TASS at the Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute (TsAGI).

      According to the project presented by TsAGI, the Elephant aircraft will be adapted for commercial cargo transportation. There are two options for the cross section of the cargo compartment - 6,4 m and 5,3 m, the agency writes. According to the designers, the Elephant with the PD-35 engine under development will be able to transport cargo weighing up to 150 tons to a distance of more than 7 thousand km.

      In turn, Ruslan can lift 120 tons, with which it can overcome 4,8 thousand km. “Now work is underway on a concept project, by 2019 we must“ blow through ”this model,” TsAGI said.
      It is planned to install PD-35 engines with a thrust of 35 tons in a plane. The head of Rostec, Sergei Chemezov, said in a conversation with the agency that these engines will not appear until 2020.


  3. thinker
    thinker 2 December 2017 15: 13 New
    +1
    Quote: Mar. Tira
    Moreover, they want to sell one car to Azerbaijan! ...

    So far, only Wishlist and preliminary agreement. Really such a plane does not need recreated 235 VTAP.
    According to Ilyushin Finance Co., the last negotiations between the lessor and the Azerbaijani side on An-124 took place at the Dubai air show held in early November. A solid contract for the supply of aircraft has not yet been signed; it is under development.
  4. ImPerts
    ImPerts 2 December 2017 15: 54 New
    +2
    New aircraft will be, everything rests on the engine. If there is an engine, there will be a new transporter.
  5. Mar.Tirah
    Mar.Tirah 2 December 2017 18: 57 New
    +2
    Quote: NEXUS
    Quote: Mar. Tira
    I feel during my life such machines will not do

    Here is a replacement for the MAX-2017 offer ..
    At the MAKS-2017 air show in Zhukovsky near Moscow, they presented a draft of the new heavy transport aircraft Elephant, which they proposed replacing the An-124 Ruslan aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces. This was reported to TASS at the Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute (TsAGI).

    According to the project presented by TsAGI, the Elephant aircraft will be adapted for commercial cargo transportation. There are two options for the cross section of the cargo compartment - 6,4 m and 5,3 m, the agency writes. According to the designers, the Elephant with the PD-35 engine under development will be able to transport cargo weighing up to 150 tons to a distance of more than 7 thousand km.

    In turn, Ruslan can lift 120 tons, with which it can overcome 4,8 thousand km. “Now work is underway on a concept project, by 2019 we must“ blow through ”this model,” TsAGI said.
    It is planned to install PD-35 engines with a thrust of 35 tons in a plane. The head of Rostec, Sergei Chemezov, said in a conversation with the agency that these engines will not appear until 2020.



    No matter how they jinx it. Ugh, ugh. As long as I don’t believe in miracles. However, everything is possible because a lot of ANTONOV specialists left Ukraine for Russia. Finally, people began to appreciate people.
  6. The leader of the Redskins
    The leader of the Redskins 2 December 2017 22: 52 New
    +2
    Yes, it’s not a matter of modernization! And in the documentation for continuing airworthiness (or something like that)! And ONLY a manufacturing company can give it. So, the praises of domestic aircraft manufacturers can be sung endlessly, only then any civilized airport, even with the latest technology, will not accept a civilized airport without this certificate! Well, in Abkhazia or Transnistria, you can fly on non-modernized ones ...
    1. avt
      avt 3 December 2017 11: 25 New
      +3
      Quote: Leader of the Redskins
      And in the documentation for continuing airworthiness (or something like that)!

      Type Certificate.
      Quote: Leader of the Redskins
      And ONLY a manufacturing company can give it.

      Certification of the type, developers and manufacturers of civil aviation equipment (AT) is based on the provisions of international law arising from the Convention on International Civil Aviation and its applications.
      That is, the Air Force, or rather the BTA, can fly without Antonov, and Volga-Dnepr, no.
  7. cast iron
    cast iron 3 December 2017 01: 30 New
    +3
    Not for the sake of criticism. In 2007, half of ALL air cargo transportation was carried out by cargo B-747. You can calculate how much money they earned! No offense to our Ruslan, but it can fly 120km when loaded with 4500 tons. And the new cargo V-747-800 can fly at a load of 130 tons and 8000 km. Is the difference clear?
    Ruslan is a very highly specialized product, designed primarily for military transport aircraft and only then for civilian traffic. It is simply not capable of cost-effectively transporting standard goods from continent to continent.
  8. Vladimir SHajkin
    Vladimir SHajkin 3 December 2017 12: 45 New
    0
    The good news is, you need to continue. It will be a foundation for the future.
  9. Valery Saitov
    Valery Saitov 4 December 2017 07: 49 New
    0
    It's time, my friend, it's time.
  10. Servla
    Servla 5 December 2017 02: 39 New
    0
    So in what did they upgrade it all the same?
  11. zibo1668
    zibo1668 5 December 2017 23: 26 New
    +1
    "Khokhl has an unselfish love for meanness. He will not have anything from this, but he will do disgust to his neighbor."
    (Nikolay Gogol.)