Military Review

Flight tests of a new, experienced helicopter began in Germany

14
The second prototype of the NH-90 Sea Lion helicopter (Sea Lion) performed the first flight at the Airbus Helicopters in Donauworth, reports TSAMTO.


Flight tests of a new, experienced helicopter began in Germany


The helicopter customer is the German Defense Ministry.

According to the statement of Airbus Helicopters, “the first flight begins the stage of final testing, which will last several months, and will focus on avionics and software.” Certification of the serial configuration for delivery to the customer will begin in the 2018 year “after making additional changes to the prototype design”.

According to the developers, the NH-90 "Sea Lyon" is designed for anti-submarine and anti-ship warfare, conducting reconnaissance at sea, conducting search and rescue operations, carrying out transport operations and providing material support for class Sachsen F124, Class Baden-Wurttemberg frigates, class support ships "Berlin" ("Type-125") ".

Total German Navy will buy 18 helicopters. For these purposes, the budget allocated 1,4 billion euros.

The helicopter will be equipped with communications and navigation equipment (including satellite communications) specially developed for the German Navy. In addition, the NH-90 "Sea Lyon" will be equipped with "bindings for firing from the 12,7-mm machine gun M3M in the doors on each side of the cabin, as well as automatic identification system AIS (Automatic Identification System) to detect, identify and maintain surface ships .
Photos used:
airbus.com
14 comments
Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must to register.

I have an account? Sign in

  1. 1331M
    1331M 30 November 2017 14: 46 New
    +4
    Good thing, but why so many? We have so many ships in the Baltic, how many helicopters they have, who will they hunt for such a flock ...?
    1. AlexKP
      AlexKP 30 November 2017 14: 59 New
      +2
      Two for each Saxony and two for each Berlin for a total of 12 others will probably be based on the shore and used for logistics and as duty rooms.
    2. siberalt
      siberalt 30 November 2017 15: 05 New
      +2
      The Fourth Reich is slowly, but confidently arming itself. Yes, only they can’t free themselves from American bases.
  2. Azazelo
    Azazelo 30 November 2017 15: 08 New
    +3
    There is MI8 worth up to 17 million greens and this is approximately 92 million greens ....
    Why buy a time-tested reliable helicopter that does not require mandatory hangar storage, which, by the way, is also 5.5 times cheaper .....
    The global economy is a farce.
    1. Town Hall
      Town Hall 30 November 2017 15: 17 New
      +7
      Quote: Azazelo
      There is MI8 worth up to 17 million greens and this is approximately 92 million greens ....
      Why buy a time-tested reliable helicopter that does not require mandatory hangar storage, which, by the way, is also 5.5 times cheaper .....
      The global economy is a farce.




      Why buy different Mercedes and BMWs when there is a time-tested VAZ that does not require garage storage ... 5-6 times cheaper. Fars is so farce ..
      1. Alena767
        Alena767 30 November 2017 15: 27 New
        +4
        Well, from the principle, I don’t buy Nazi cars, I drive Russian cars (I can afford it, but I don’t buy Anglo-Saxon (Range Rover, Jaguar) and Nazi cars). I love to travel. (I haven’t been and am not going to the EU) Especially when there are 3-5 "free" lamas saved to buy a Nazi or the like. gland. Then what? Only about the Internet, that American do not use do not need to write.
        1. vlad_vlad
          vlad_vlad 30 November 2017 16: 31 New
          +5
          Quote: Alena767
          Well, from the principle, I don’t buy Nazi cars, I drive Russian cars (I can afford it, but I don’t buy Anglo-Saxon (Range Rover, Jaguar) and Nazi cars). I love to travel. (I haven’t been and am not going to the EU) Especially when there are 3-5 "free" lamas saved to buy a Nazi or the like. gland. Then what? Only about the Internet, that American do not use do not need to write.


          Alena, I’m embarrassed to ask, but I’ll ask anyway - why can't you ask about the Internet?
          and even - except Internet, do you have everything else that is purely Russian? TV, washing machine, phone, shampoo, clothes, tablets ...

          here he is pure patriotism! I found him. more precisely her.
          1. Aimpoint
            Aimpoint 30 November 2017 21: 28 New
            +1
            A rare case, you need to save)
          2. not main
            not main 30 November 2017 23: 39 New
            +1
            Quote: vlad_vlad
            here he is pure patriotism! I found him. more precisely her

            CONGRATULATIONS!
        2. ZVO
          ZVO 1 December 2017 07: 13 New
          +1
          Quote: Alena767
          Well, from the principle, I don’t buy Nazi cars, I drive Russian cars (I can afford it, but I don’t buy Anglo-Saxon (Range Rover, Jaguar) and Nazi cars). I love to travel. (I haven’t been and am not going to the EU) Especially when there are 3-5 "free" lamas saved to buy a Nazi or the like. gland. Then what? Only about the Internet, that American do not use do not need to write.


          What enchanting nonsense ... Just a typical example of opus, about how cool I am and I have a lot of dough, but I drive our car industry and rest only on the Golden Ring ...

          I have seen dozens of such messages. since the late 90s ...
          Then he learned the authors of the messages more and personally - and it was the other way around. all such messages were "notions."
  3. pvv113
    pvv113 30 November 2017 15: 12 New
    +2
    I wonder how the states allowed Europe to create their own helicopters, rather than buying American ones.
    1. NF68
      NF68 30 November 2017 22: 59 New
      +3
      Quote: pvv113
      I wonder how the states allowed Europe to create their own helicopters, rather than buying American ones.


      Something like that allows. And they even allowed the American company to immediately order as many 430 aircraft from Airbas. Moreover, this American company has been buying planes from Airbas for several years. And where does the US State Department only look?

      https://www.1prime.ru/industry_and_energy/2017111
      5 / 828141126.html
      1. pvv113
        pvv113 30 November 2017 23: 38 New
        +1
        There are no questions regarding aircraft; the company has established itself well and is a worthy competitor to Boeing. But helicopter engineering is actually a new topic. States are keen to fill the European market with their turntables. And now they are losing this market
  4. san4es
    san4es 30 November 2017 16: 46 New
    +3
    ] NH-90 Sea Lion

    “The NH90 helicopter was developed in 90's by NHIndustries, a joint venture of European aircraft manufacturers Airbus Helicopters, Leonardo-Finmeccanica and Fokker Aerostructures. According to the 2016 year, built order 250 machines, which are in service with the armies of 12 countries. In 2015, the German Navy ordered the development of a marine version of the helicopter, called the Sea Lion. It differs from the basic version of “Sea Lion” with special navigation equipment, a new “friend-foe” identification system and two regular 12,7-mm machine guns ”.