The questions of the Red Star are answered by the Chief of the Radiation, Chemical and Biological Defense Forces of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, Major General Igor KIRILLOV.
- Igor Anatolyevich, what do the RCB protection troops represent today, what tasks are they facing? How have the technical means and weapons of RCB protection troops changed over time? What special tasks do the RCB protection troops perform in peacetime?
- To perform tasks in the interests of the Armed Forces and the state as a whole, a self-sufficient group of radiation, chemical and biological defense forces has been created. In 2017 – 2020, its composition and organizational structure of the formations, units and organizations of the RCB protection troops will be improved in order to ensure the fulfillment of the tasks for the RCB to protect the groups of the Armed Forces in armed conflicts and local wars, to eliminate the consequences of possible emergency situations and to conduct research applied sciences (chemistry, biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology).
Today, the RCB protection troops include combat-ready units, units and subunits that are part of military districts, units, units of the Armed Forces and combat arms, military units and organizations of direct subordination, including research organizations and military units .
Modern technical means and weapons of RCB protection troops meet the requirements as to the protection of troops and the population of the country in terms of weapons mass destruction, and in case of accidents (destruction) at hazardous facilities in the RCB against the objects and allow in full to perform the tasks facing the troops of the RCB to protect.
Considering that the existing system of weapons and means of RCB protection includes various subsystems (RCB intelligence and control; protection of personnel; special treatment of weapons, military and special equipment, terrain, buildings and structures; reduction in the visibility of troops and objects; fire destruction of the enemy; support) Both technical means, and the system of weapons and means of RCB protection are being improved.
So, personal protective equipment is changed in view of increasing protective characteristics, improving ergonomic properties. Facilities RCB intelligence - taking into account the increased sensitivity, expanding the list of designated substances. Flame-incendiary means - in view of increasing the effectiveness of the lesion.
As for the further development of weapons and means of RCB protection, it goes in the following directions. This is the widespread introduction of automated control systems; the creation of special-purpose robotic complexes, including unmanned aerial vehicles; improvement of remote RCB intelligence systems; a qualitative improvement in the tactical and technical characteristics of weapons and RCB protection equipment; minimization of human participation in the operation of technical means, which allows not only to reduce the probability of errors to a minimum (almost to zero), but also to secure the life and health of a military specialist as much as possible.
Among the main tasks facing the troops today are re-equipping the troops with modern (prospective) models of weapons and military equipment; phased transition to the recruitment of military personnel serving under the contract; interaction with interested federal executive authorities on the functioning of the state system of radiation, chemical and biological safety of the Russian Federation; organization of functioning in the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation of a Unified System for Identifying and Evaluating the Scale and Effects of Emergencies Caused by Radiation, Chemicals and Biological Agents of Technogenic Origin.
The list of our activities, in particular, includes: biological intelligence; prediction and assessment of the biological situation; special treatment of troops, weapons and military equipment, structures, sections of terrain and roads, uniforms, equipment, personal protective equipment.
To perform tasks in the interests of the Armed Forces and the state, a self-sufficient group of RCB protection forces has been created.
As for the tasks of the troops in peacetime, this is ensuring the readiness of the troops to eliminate the consequences of radiation, chemical and biological contamination (due to man-made and natural emergencies) in the interests of the troops and the population.
In addition, the RCB protection troops perform the tasks of ensuring the RCB safety of large international forums and mass sporting events. In the period from 2011 to 2017, the troops participated in providing security for virtually all important international forums and sports events such as the Summer Universiade in Kazan, the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, the Confederations Cup in football, the annual economic and political forums in the cities of St. Petersburg, Sochi, Vladivostok.
The analysis of the fulfillment of these tasks showed that the forces and assets of the troops became the basis of the interdepartmental grouping on the fulfillment of the tasks of RCB protection.
I note that research organizations and units of the RCB protection troops, in cooperation with federal executive authorities (the Ministry of Health, Rospotrebnadzor, Rosselkhoznadzor, etc.), are actively working to analyze and prevent the spread of outbreaks of particularly dangerous and exotic infectious diseases in Russia.
In 2016-2017, units of the RCB protection troops took part in the elimination of outbreaks of especially dangerous infectious diseases of people and animals (anthrax, African swine fever, foot-and-mouth disease, avian flu, brucellosis, etc.) in various regions of the Russian Federation (Yamalo-Nenetsky autonomous region, Omsk, Nizhny Novgorod regions and the Republic of Bashkortostan).
Participation in these activities allowed the RCB protection troops to gain experience in dealing with the aftermath of emergencies in biological outbreaks, try out the latest mobile biological systems in practice, and develop and experimentally test effective methods for the disposal of dead animals infected with pathogenic microorganisms.
- Recently, the troops completed the final checks for the past training period. With what results did the troops of the RCB defense approach by the end of the year?
- In October, in the troops of the RCB protection passed the control complex checks and control classes. They were conducted by commissions of the Office of the Chief of the Radiation, Chemical and Biological Defense Forces of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and commanders of military units and organizations. Evaluated the readiness of military units and organizations of the troops of the RCB protection to perform tasks for the intended purpose.
Brigades and regiments of the RCB protection, scientific organizations and training center for the training of junior specialists, which are rated well, have been checked.
Units were checked during the solution of combat training tasks with the implementation of standards for the management of units, special tactical and special training, as well as on control classes in the main subjects of training.
The best results were achieved by the personnel of the battalion of the RCB reconnaissance 1 of the mobile RCBZ brigade and the battalion of the RCBZ emergency response of the 9 9th notch and reconnaissance regiment. Such results became possible due to an increase in the number of highly qualified contract servicemen.
Today, the contractor is obliged to be an expert in his field - modern, high-tech equipment enters the formations and military units. The RCB protection forces have introduced a system for the selection, preparation and retraining of military personnel under contract in military training units, combat training is carried out according to new training programs that incorporate modern training methods, the main place is occupied by the training of military personnel under contract.
Today, experimental work is underway to create a new robotic complex for the RCB protection troops.
Much attention is paid to the study and implementation of experience gained in local wars and armed conflicts. Elements of combat (vocational) training for this include various maneuvers, from company tactical specials to maneuvers consisting of units and formations in cooperation with formations, units of types (types of troops) of the Armed Forces and interdepartmental military formations in various conditions of the RCB situation.
In general, the participation of RCB protection troops in operational and combat training activities this year increased their level of readiness to perform missions for missions, allowed them to smoothly and efficiently solve tasks as part of an interspecific group of troops and maximize the potential of their combat potential.
- Did the RCB protection troops take part in the West-2017 joint strategic exercise? What tasks did they face?
- Yes, they did. Within the framework of the joint strategic exercise "Zapad-2017", the RCB troops of the defense of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation performed tasks for the protection of the armed forces of the Republic of Belarus together with the RCB troops. In the course of the exercise, issues of RCB protection of a group of troops (forces) were worked out in the interests of ensuring the military security of the Union State.
A training site was deployed to prepare the units operating under the “enemy” use of toxic substances, including platforms for theoretical training of personnel, technical testing of respiratory protection equipment, training equipment, compliance with standards for RCB protection, military medical and psychological training. Special attention was paid to the psychological training of servicemen to act with the specifics of the RCB protection troops.
I note that the personnel of the units that participated in the exercise provided the newest PMK-4 gas masks adopted for supply in June of this year.
According to the results of the exercise, the management and services of the RCB protection were rated as capable of organizing the fulfillment of the tasks of the RCB protection in the interests of the grouping of troops (forces), military units and subunits showed excellent training and coordination in actions.
- What is your assessment of the participation of Russian specialists of the RCB protection troops in ARMI-2017?
- For the past three years, the personnel of the RCB protection troops has participated in the Army international games under the general guidance of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation.
This year, the selection for the Safe Environment competition in the framework of the Army International Games was held in several stages, and the All-Army competition was decisive. The main criteria for determining the rating of teams - applicants for participation in the international stage of the Safe Environment Competition were the results of testing standards for tactical and special, special training, RCB protection, physical training, driving special machines, fire training, state of weapons and military equipment.
The winners were the calculations from the brigade of direct subordination, which represented the Russian team at the international stage.
This year (taking into account the proposal of the Chinese side), the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation decided to hold the International Competition “Safe Environment” in the territory of the People’s Republic of China at the test site near the town of Korla (Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region).
Five teams (98 participants) from Russia, the Republic of Belarus, the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Arab Republic of Egypt and the People’s Republic of China took part in the competition.
The Chinese side provided all the teams that participated in the competition with the same special equipment, weapons and RCB reconnaissance equipment, on which the Chinese team performed.
The Russian team at the international stage has improved its results of passing the course, performing competitive exercises and physical fitness compared to last year. She, one might say, walked shoulder to shoulder with the Chinese team — the territorial masters of the competition. The program of the competition in China was changed under the route and the conditions offered by the Chinese side, but the basis remained the same.
The sum of the top places for all the stages of the competition in China was determined by the overall rating of the participating countries: 1-place - China, 2-place - Russia, 3-place - Belarus, 4-e - Egypt, 5-e place is Iran. An analysis of the results of the competition showed that the purposeful preparation of the Russian team made it possible to ensure the occupation of second places at all stages.
My assessment of the Russian team is high. The servicemen coped with the task, once again proved that today they are the best specialists of the RCBZ troops not only of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
- Are new parts and compounds of RCB protection currently being formed? If so, what tasks will they perform?
- Regarding the construction of troops, in recent years they have been formed as part of the armies of the RCB protection regiment, the organizational structure of the serif and reconnaissance regiment has been optimized, which is directly subordinate to the chief of the radiation, chemical and biological defense troops of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. The regiment included modern equipment and the latest equipment of the RCB protection emergency response battalion.
As part of improving the control system for formations, units and organizations of RCB protection troops, the Center for the Management of RCB Protection forces was formed on the basis of the Office of the Chief of Forces.
In order to improve the military scientific potential of the troops, a military scientific committee of RCB protection troops was created. A mobile research center for biological protection of special purpose, an expert center for chemical and biological threats, whose work is linked to the activities of a number of interested federal executive bodies, have been formed.
At the Marshal of the Soviet Union SKH Defense Academy Tymoshenko started educational activities in two new departments ("Automation of troop control" and "Biological protection"), and the training of military personnel and research work - a scientific company.
To equip units of the RCB protection, individual unique models of equipment have been developed and put into operation, which have no analogues in the world at present. This technique will be used to ensure the safety of the most important events, including the 2018 World Cup.
In connection with the ongoing re-equipment of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation for modern types of weapons, military and special equipment, the organizational structures of formations, units and subdivisions of the RCB protection, including those included in the formations and units of the Armed Forces and the arms, have been refined. This work was carried out in conjunction with the development of a unified standard for subdivisions of the troops, provided with the delivery of modern types of weapons and military equipment under the state defense order. To ensure the delivery of weapons and military equipment, purchased for the first time within the framework of the state defense order, modern samples of equipment for the RCB protection troops, which are planned to be delivered before the end of this year, are included in the formations and units.
- Please tell us more about the course of the re-equipment of the RCB protection units for the newest models of weapons and military equipment.
- The process of equipping the RCB defense forces with the latest weapons and equipment is given primary attention. This task is also under special control of the leadership of the Ministry of Defense of Russia.
The rearmament of the RCB protection divisions for the latest (prospective) samples is carried out in accordance with the decisions of the leadership of our country, the Ministry of Defense of Russia in the framework of the state defense order and the State Armaments Program. So, this year, the Armed Forces receive from the industry more than 350 units of special equipment, including RCM-6 RCB reconnaissance vehicles, universal CUSS special processing stations, TDA-3 smoke machines, and, of course, TOS-1 heavy flame-throwing systems. Taking into account the supply in 2017, the share of modern designs will exceed 60 percent, and by 2020 it will be at least 70 percent.
- What are the effectiveness and development prospects of robotic equipment protection used in the troops of the RCB?
- The main purpose of the use of robotic tools is to minimize the risk of damage to personnel performing the task under the influence of various damaging factors.
The RCB protection troops were the first in the Armed Forces to supply robots. Thus, using the experience of using various ground-based robotic systems to eliminate the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, a mobile robotic CRC complex was developed and accepted for supply in 2002 year for the RCB protection forces. It consists of a small intelligence robot MRK-PX and medium-sized robot intelligence, sampling and disengagement of the MRK-46. Both tracked robots have sufficient mobility, carrying capacity, range of control, and are also equipped with modern means of visual and radiation reconnaissance.
Separate unique ones will be involved in ensuring the security of the most important events, including the 2018 World Cup.
In addition, a remotely controlled wheeled robot of radiation and chemical reconnaissance RD-RHR was developed, designed to conduct reconnaissance, search for local sources of gamma radiation in hard-to-reach areas of the terrain, in industrial and residential premises.
Modern samples of robotic systems are able to effectively perform a wide range of tasks facing the troops of the RCB protection, including those arising from the elimination of the consequences of various kinds of emergency situations.
Today, experimental work is underway to create a new robotic complex for the RCB protection troops. It will include both ground robots and unmanned aerial vehicles. The use of UAVs to transmit information about the radiation and chemical environment will significantly increase the range of control of ground-based robots.
- Where are future officers and junior specialists trained for the RCB protection troops? What are the advanced techniques and techniques used for training military personnel?
- The training of officers for the troops is carried out in the Military Academy of the RCS of the defense of the name of Marshal of the Soviet Union SK Tymoshenko, who has deep, well-established traditions in the formation of highly skilled military professionals. These traditions are preserved and multiplied in modern conditions. To date, among the faculty members are 30 doctors and about 200 candidates of science. At the departments of the university successfully work 13 scientific schools.
The modern educational and material base of the Academy provides favorable conditions for the activities of teachers and the training of specialists for RCB protection troops, including foreign armies. The Military Academy of RChB protection is one of the leading universities in the world in its orientation, it trains over a thousand students and cadets, of which more than 800 people are trained for the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation and more than 100 people for other federal executive bodies.
Automated learning systems are widely used in the educational process, an extensive electronic library has been created.
Much attention in the academy is paid to the study of forms and methods of action, taking into account the experience gained in local wars and armed conflicts.
Currently, the Academy implements six educational programs of higher education (two programs of specialty, magistracy and training of highly qualified personnel), one program of secondary vocational education and 28 programs of additional professional education.
General education students are trained 144 best teacher of the Kostroma region, which provide a level of education in accordance with international standards.
In 2017, 22 percent of graduates graduated from the academy with honors, 10 percent - with a gold medal.
The competition in the academy this year amounted to more than three people per place.
We are waiting at our university for young people who have firmly decided to devote their lives to protecting Russia by acquiring the necessary and interesting profession.
As for the training of junior commanders and specialists of the RCB protection troops for the Armed Forces, it is held in the 282 training center for the RCB protection troops (inter-service, regional), located in the village of Bolshoe Bunkovo, Noginsk District, Moscow Region.
Currently, the training center, where the training of junior specialists in 10 military accounting specialties is carried out, contains 86% of modern samples of special equipment for RCB protection troops.
In the period from 2017 to 2020, the training center planned the delivery of promising samples of RCB protection troops: RCB reconnaissance vehicles РХМ-8 and РХМ-9, special treatment of УССО-D, control and distribution point of the mobile КРПП-1 , heavy flamethrower system TOC-2, aerosol anti-CSD AEP machines.
The field training base of the center is a training complex, which includes a military shooting range, a flamethrowing range, a flamethrowing and shooting complex, a fiery assault strip, an engineering training field, an RChZ training field with training grounds, a tactical training training field, a safety ground military service.
Police station educational base includes a gym, a sports town, an obstacle course, a water station on an open reservoir, a stadium, a volleyball court and a guard town.
The classroom educational and material base is presented by the educational case with nine educational classes. The training center has 15 (71 percentage) sets of modern simulators and systems. All training facilities are in good condition.
- What are the tasks for the military and troops you put on 2018 year on the eve of the 100 anniversary of the troops?
- Undoubtedly, 2018 is a landmark year for us in terms of troop training. We have planned a set of measures aimed at improving the RCB system for the protection of troops and the country's population.
First of all, it is the preparation of military authorities. In the coming year, we will return the practice of conducting operational training activities at the bases of formations and units of the RCB troops to protect military districts.
In the second place - training units. One of the main tasks facing the troops is the development of modern types of weapons, military and special equipment entering the troops under the rearmament program. To this end, we have planned a number of collecting measures for their study and the acquisition of practical skills for working with them with the crews of special machines of the RCB protection troops.
We will demonstrate the field training of the units of the RCB protection troops in the course of the All-Army and International Competitions “Safe Environment” within the framework of the Army International Games - 2018. We will host an international competition on the basis of the Military Academy of RChB protection. We have to seriously prepare for the reception of guests, and to fight for the top places.
The crown of the training of troops will be a special exercise of troops RCB protection. In the course of it, we will check the increased capabilities of formations and units of the RCB protection troops to carry out tasks, taking into account re-equipment of modern weapons, military and special equipment.
The tasks for the 2018 troops are set for the year, only their practical implementation remains.
- 13 November - professional holiday, the Day of the troops RCB protection. Your wishes to those who linked their fate with this difficult profession.
- In the year of their 99 anniversary, the RCB defense forces of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation are at a new stage of qualitative transformation, improvement and optimization. The activities that have been carried out have determined the basic guidelines for the further improvement and development of the troops, in the transformation of all spheres of vital activity, which are now being implemented.
The efforts of all the formations, units and organizations of the troops are concentrated in a large, responsible, labor-consuming and knowledge-intensive work. Each soldier makes his own contribution to the common cause and has the right to be proud of the results achieved.
From the bottom of my heart, I express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to all the military personnel of the RCB troops protecting the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, whose efforts allowed not only to quickly and efficiently solve the tasks assigned to the troops, but also to take a significant step forward in their development and improvement.
I wish veterans, the entire staff health, happiness and well-being, good luck in good endeavors, success in strengthening the power and glory of our beloved Motherland - the great Russia!