Vladimir Putin holds a meeting. A photo: kremlin.ru
Five "outrageous" projects, on which the Russian military are working, calculated the browser "Business Insider" Daniel Brown. He believes that since 2000, when Putin became president, the Russian defense industry has "certainly been revived." At the same time, she is working on "unreasonable and rather ridiculous projects" concerning the creation of "weapons of the future. "
In 2015, the Kremlin “claimed that it would build Tanksarmed with lasers, ”recalls the journalist. In 2016, Russians spoke of a "missile defense system in space." There are probably various reasons for the spread of "half-truths, exaggerations and direct lies."
“National pride and the cult of patriotism,” characteristic of the Putin era, is considered by Brown to be one of the main reasons. Another reason could be manipulation in the field of public relations: an attempt to orient the Russian arms industry to potential buyers.
The Browser Reveals Five “Des” with Which Propagandists Saw Consumers News.
1. In late August, the Russian state agency "Sputnik" announced that the new T-14 tank would be "adapted for Martian temperatures."
Such a statement was based on the use of supercapacitors, which allow the tank to operate even at temperatures as low as –58 degrees Fahrenheit. The problem, however, is that the average temperature on Mars is –80 degrees Fahrenheit (–80 degrees Fahrenheit). In addition, the internal combustion engine of the tank, probably will not be able to cope with the atmosphere of Mars.
2. Future aircraft MiG-41 will fly in space. The Director General of the aircraft manufacturing corporation "MiG" at the end of August, told reporters that the MiG-41, the successor to the MiG-31, will be able to fly in space.
But Russia is unlikely to start building MiG-41 before the middle of the 2020-s. And its deployment will begin at least until 2035 of the year. Most experts doubt that Moscow will have money for this project at all.
3. Construction of the 115000-ton aircraft carrier. In 2015, Russia announced that it plans to build a hundred-ton aircraft carrier called the Project 23000E Storm. Construction was supposed to start in 2019 year. However, due to budget cuts, this is unlikely to work. The shipbuilding industry in Russia, moreover, is hardly consistent with this task.
But last week, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said that Moscow plans to build a “huge dry dock in the Far East,” which will allow the creation of an “aircraft carrier” displacement of 110000-115000 tons. This ship would be even larger than the largest aircraft carrier in the world, Gerald R. Ford!
4. Creating an atomic space bomber. In July, the 2017 Russians said they were building a "space shuttle", similar to the secret X-37B (USA), but with one difference: it can strike the Earth with nuclear warheads while in orbit.
It violates international law. Yes, and it is unlikely that the Russians will build it: “for a number of reasons” (the reasons are not mentioned).
5. The Russians have nuclear rocket missiles installed under water along the US coastline.
In May, a former spokesman for the Russian Ministry of Defense wrote an article in which he pointed out that Moscow “imperceptibly” stuck “the US coastline with nuclear missiles” that were “buried”. They will work when they are given the command. Experts "seriously doubt" the veracity of this message, said the columnist.
Let Brown, a foreign correspondent making fun of "national pride and the cult of patriotism," look into the textbook stories and reads about the times of Ronald Reagan, who (as a true actor, by the way) propagated from his heart the “star wars” (not to be confused with the famous science fiction film). But in the 1980-s technology and technology were far from the same height that today.
Observed and commented on Oleg Chuvakin
- especially for topwar.ru
- especially for topwar.ru