Military Review

Pentagon returns Japan 4 hectares of land in Okinawa

17
The US military returned to Japan 4 a hectare of land occupied by the Futemma military base in Ginowan, Okinawa, reports RIA News message agency "Kyodo".



According to the agency, "it comes only from 0,8% of the territory of the base occupying 481 hectares." The agreement on the return of part of the land was reached between the countries last year.

The publication notes that the city of Ginowan will be able to use the returned 2-kilometer lane to build the road in 2019 after checking the land for any harmful inclusions.

The agency reminds that the airfield of the American base is located in the “dense environment of residential buildings, schools and hospitals”, which creates a threat to the safety of the population.

Earlier, the Japanese authorities agreed to transfer the base to the north of Okinawa, to the area where another base is located - Camp Schwab. However, the local administration opposes this, insisting on the complete withdrawal of the military base from Okinawa to other regions.

Okinawa accounts for only 0,6% of the island nation, but 74% of US military facilities and more than half of all US forces in Japan are located there.
Photos used:
http://www.globallookpress.com
17 comments
Ad

Subscribe to our Telegram channel, regularly additional information about the special operation in Ukraine, a large amount of information, videos, something that does not fall on the site: https://t.me/topwar_official

Information
Dear reader, to leave comments on the publication, you must sign in.
  1. Vladimirets
    Vladimirets 31 July 2017 09: 57
    +2
    "The US military returned to Japan 4 hectares of land"

    The generosity of the Yankees knows no bounds: they returned to the japam a piece of their own land 200x200 meters. smile
    1. Tolstoevsky
      Tolstoevsky 31 July 2017 10: 01
      +1
      10000 times smaller than the area affected by the atomic bombing in Hiroshima and Nagasaki
      1. Basarev
        Basarev 31 July 2017 10: 12
        +1
        Everything is ambiguous: firstly, modern Japan owes everything to the Americans, who made the country rich and developed. Secondly, the Japanese are smart people and understand that they will not be able to cope with revanchist China on their own. And therefore there is a need for allies - and here, just the Americans are ready to help. That is, the Japanese want American bases and troops on the territory - both to be calmer for the country's security, and to thank the Americans for their wealth and progress. This is extremely important for the Japanese, because they have a very significant concept of honor, according to which ingratitude is the blackest sin.
        1. Vladimirets
          Vladimirets 31 July 2017 10: 32
          +3
          Quote: Basarev
          This is extremely important for the Japanese, because they have a very significant concept of honor, according to which ingratitude is the blackest sin.

          Well, they found the most noble nation in the world.
          Quote: Basarev
          made the country rich and developed.

          And how did they develop Japan so much? what
        2. the villain
          the villain 31 July 2017 10: 40
          0
          Quote: Basarev
          That is, the Japanese want American bases and troops on the territory - both to be calmer for the country's security, and to thank the Americans for their wealth and progress. This is extremely important for the Japanese, because they have a very significant concept of honor, according to which ingratitude is the blackest sin.

          As for the bases: when they were built the desire or unwillingness of the Japanese did not interest anyone in principle.
          Regarding honor and gratitude: personally, I do not think that the Japanese were so deceived that they forgot who Hiroshima and Nagasaki had arranged for them, and where their honor was trampled on. IMHO, not everything in this world has a price in monetary terms hi
        3. Mavrikiy
          Mavrikiy 1 August 2017 06: 14
          0
          Quote: Basarev
          Everything is ambiguous: firstly, modern Japan owes everything to the Americans, who made the country rich and developed. Secondly, the Japanese are smart people and understand that they will not be able to cope with revanchist China on their own. And therefore there is a need for allies - and here, just the Americans are ready to help. That is, the Japanese want American bases and troops on the territory - both to be calmer for the country's security, and to thank the Americans for their wealth and progress. This is extremely important for the Japanese, because they have a very significant concept of honor, according to which ingratitude is the blackest sin.

          Rave. Japan in 1941 was superior to modern Japan in relative development to the United States.
          Where is the Japanese aircraft industry, aircraft carriers? I will not say anything about wealth from the colonies, not tolerantly.
          Secondly, the Japanese are smart people and understand that with the presence of Amer’s bases on the territory, they will quickly find themselves in a war with China.
          Thanks to the Japanese. That is yes. For nuclear bombs Americans will answer in full. The Japanese regard the United States as winners and not as benefactors. Schools teach that we were bombed, but in case of what they will cut out “benefactors” (see AI Fursov’s lecture on Japan)
          Japan is preparing to fight with us for the "northern territories", which is why schoolchildren are raised.
    2. siberalt
      siberalt 31 July 2017 10: 09
      +2
      The Japanese cannot take the land on their territory, but climb the Kuril Islands. recourse
    3. max702
      max702 1 August 2017 12: 12
      +1
      4 hectares .. Generosity knows no bounds .. At one time I worked at one Duc factory, here the roof of only one of my workshops was 5 hectares ... And this is only one workshop from dozens of others ..
  2. Aleksey7777777
    Aleksey7777777 31 July 2017 09: 58
    +2
    For some reason I immediately remembered the wide gesture-sheepskin coat ... laughing
  3. HEATHER
    HEATHER 31 July 2017 10: 00
    +3
    agreed to transfer the base to the north of Okinawa, to the area where almost 5 kilometers deep in the ocean basin. Something for the Amer air base.
  4. AlexanderVP
    AlexanderVP 31 July 2017 10: 00
    +1
    The Kingdom of Ryukyu is better not to tease, otherwise they will decide to separate from Japan :)))
  5. the villain
    the villain 31 July 2017 10: 27
    0
    That’s why I think that the dogs will soon start to stink, that they will turn up the white and fluffy Japam of Okinawa piece by piece, and the evil Russia does not want to give the Kuril poor and wretched.
  6. Masya masya
    Masya masya 31 July 2017 10: 44
    +4
    They returned some 0,8%, but to the conversation, to the conversation ... as if they had returned all 481 hectares ... so they threw the handout ...
  7. Paranoid50
    Paranoid50 31 July 2017 10: 51
    +2
    Okinawa accounts for only 0,6% of the island nation, but 74% of US military facilities and more than half of all US forces in Japan are located there.
    Here is the most useful information in the article. And how they move the fences there - their problems.
  8. rotmistr60
    rotmistr60 31 July 2017 11: 25
    0
    Pentagon returns Japan 4 hectares of land in Okinawa

    Probably a present for joint exercises. The Japanese got a piece of their own territory for observing the general line of the Washington Regional Committee.
  9. pvv113
    pvv113 31 July 2017 12: 14
    +1
    US military returned 4 hectares of land to Japan

    Attraction of unprecedented generosity - the Yankees gave Japan its own land laughing
  10. Gunxnumx
    Gunxnumx 31 July 2017 12: 49
    0
    Probably, the unexplored Japanese women simply ended in the district. We moved to a "fresh" place